From 4-star restaurants to walk-up burger joints, find great eats around every corner here in the Adirondacks!
Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa
Best Eats in the Adirondacks
Home to agricultural and culinary traditions deeply rooted in the soil and soul of the Adirondacks, regional chefs take inspiration from nature's bounty, creating menus that pair the flavors of the forest with the local harvests for unique Adirondack dining experiences.
Sample the Adirondack Park's Seasonal Flavors
Journey through the region and find Adirondack restaurants reinventing American cuisine with a rustic flair that elevates the dining experience beyond the ordinary into something memorable. Find gastro pubs focused on seasonal flavors and enjoy a variety of family-friendly fine dining options, or pack a picnic and take a hike on any one of the Adirondack's 2,000 miles of hiking trails.
Find restaurants offering menu options that change with the season, incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as Adirondack game and livestock from farms located within the region.
Dining and Drinking in the Adirondacks
Boasting 15 craft breweries and 20 wineries and vineyards throughout the Adirondack Region in addition to the Adirondack Coast Wine Trail, upstate New York is an exciting beverage destination. From the Blue Line Brewery in Saranac Lake, to the Cooper's Cave Brewery in Glens Falls, you'll find perfectly paired meals to compliment your beverage choices.
Restaurants across the region also have their own popular Adirondack craft beverages including beer, wines and ciders celebrated by locals and visitors alike. The chef at the new Big Slide Brewery in Lake Placid uses local ingredients to create a unique menu to accompany the ten craft beers brewed on-site. Many of the menus available restaurants across the Adirondacks create a dining experience that appeals to foodies and beer/wine aficionados alike.
*Reviews sourced from Yelp.com and cross-referenced against TripAdvisor.com ratings.
Best Gastro-Pubs in the Adirondacks
- 4 Stars – Cooper's Cave Ale Company in Glens Falls. Hand-crafted beers and sodas, great food and ice cream. "I recommend this place to anyone up in the Lake George area."
- 4 Stars – Adirondack Pub & Brewery in Lake George. Micro-brewery with standard pub menu or burgers and sandwiches. "Arguably the best meal stop of our 5-day trip to the area."
- 4.5 Stars – Liquids & Solids at the Handlebar in Lake Placid. Gastro pub offering seasonal menu items, unique cuisine and extensive beer, wine and cocktail list. "Beer list outstanding and the mixed drinks are unusual and delightful."
- 4.5 Stars – Sticks & Stones Wood Fired Bistro & Bar in Schroon Lake. Wood-fired Neapolitan Pizzas made with Wheat or Gluten-Free dough. Local drink list. "The smell of wood burning at the fireplace....absolutely perfect for a cold winter's night."
- 4 Stars – Smoke Signals in Lake Placid. Southern barbecue, open views of Mirror Lake and great beer and wine list. "Absolutely amazing addition to Lake Placid eateries."
Best Restaurants for Families in the Adirondacks
- 4.5 Stars – Little Italy in Tupper Lake. Family-friendly classic Italian fare and pizza. Known for having friendly wait staff and not taking credit cards. "What do they put in this pizza, magic?"
- 4 Stars – Tamarack Café & Movie House in Inlet. Great breakfast and lunch menus with good coffee and pleasant setting that are popular with locals and visitors. "Great breakfast and homey atmosphere."
- 4.5 Stars – Bistro LeRoux in Lake George. Casual yet, classy, family-friendly with fine-dining options, and beautiful presentation. "My husband and I truly enjoyed the experience. Best restaurant in Lake George."
- 4 Stars – Lake Placid Pub & Brewery in Lake Placid. Casual dining with pub menu and microbrews on tap. Kids playroom located on third floor dining area for family-friendly atmosphere. "A kids' menu with chicken tenders, hot dogs, mac & cheese and other classics."
- 4 Stars – Jeb's Restaurant in Lowville. Casual, traditional American menus offer variety and fresh ingredients. "Jeb's is certainly a gem in Lowville."
Waterside Dining Options
- 5 Stars – Raquette Lake Navigation Co. in Raquette Lake.Take a boat tour with onboard dining options available throughout the year. Tour the lake; enjoy lunch, champagne brunch or dinner. "The views, the commentary, the friendliness of the staff and the best part...the food!"
- 4.5 Stars – The Cottage Café in Lake Placid. Located on Mirror Lake, enjoy fine dining for lunch and dinner. Full bar with excellent craft beer selection. "The view was delightful as I enjoyed a delicious salad and Orange Ginger Beer."
- 4 Stars – Dana's Rusty Anchor in Plattsburgh. Located right on Lake Champlain, enjoy casual atmosphere and incredible views of the Lake and Vermont's Green Mountains. "We had a wonderful meal in an amazing setting!"
- 4.5 Stars – The Left Bank Café in Saranac Lake. French-style café located on the Saranac River with outside seating available. Classic French-style fare, decent wine list. "... a slice of Paris in the Adirondacks."
- 4.5 Stars – Lone Bull Pancake & Steak House in Lake George. Classic diner fair, home of the "big breakfast." Takes credit cards and is great for families. "I had the blueberry pancakes which were the best I've ever had."
- 4 Stars – Pitkin's Restaurant in Schroon Lake. Casual restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great for kids and groups. "This is a wonderful, down home, old fashioned, home-cooking restaurant."
- 3.5 Stars – Downtown Diner in Lake Placid. Casual, open for breakfast and lunch. Menu offers unique variety. "A great little diner, and for me the biggest recommendation can be seen each morning – the place is packed with locals."
- 4 Stars – Lumberjack Inn in Tupper Lake. This diner's lumberjack theme is a nod to Tupper Lake's history and bakes homemade bread that's not to miss. "Great atmosphere with picks, axes, saws, and chainsaws hanging on the walls."
- 4.5 Stars – Gary's Restaurant in Lowville. A no-frills, affordable diner serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. "Best place to eat in Lowville. Awesome down home diner food, great service and friendly atmosphere."
- 5 Stars – The Owl at Twilight in Olmstedville. Open April through November, menu is described as a Latin and Southwest take on elegant dining. "Outstanding food restaurant, certainly the best we've visited in the Adirondacks over 20 years of coming up."
- 4.5 to 5 Stars – barVino in North Creek. Tapas with full bar, offering unique wine and beer list with awesome tapas. "Very creative dishes, world class sauces, and just the right amount to share."
- 4.5 Stars – The View Restaurant at Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid. Local cheeses, meat and vegetables combine in elegant comfort foods complemented with an extensive wine list. "The staff was amazing and extremely welcoming. We still talk about it to this day."
- 4.5 Stars – Latitude 44 in Plattsburgh. American cuisine with beer, wine and spirits menus. Comfortable atmosphere popular with couples and families. "Great good, imaginatively prepared and well presented by the owner/chef."
- 4.5 Stars – 1844 House in Potsdam. American cuisine with a French flair served in an intimate setting. Enjoy dinner and professional service. "Chef Brian uses locally sourced products to create delicious meals. His wife Jenny is a trained pastry chef."
Top Rated Delis
- 4.5 Stars – Izzy's Market and Deli in North Creek. Great for après ski or lunch after biking in the summer. Menu includes artisan sandwiches, soups and salads. "This place knows how to combine flavors and textures to make a sandwich like you have never had."
- 4.5 Stars – Lakeview Deli in Saranac Lake. Casual, great for take-out for boating or hiking. Menu offers variety, daily specials and homemade soups and chili. "It's a top-notch sandwich place in a small town in the Adirondacks."
- 4.5 Stars – Big Mountain Deli & Creperie in Lake Placid. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; enjoy beer and wine at dinner. Casual with artisan approach to food and 46 sandwiches to make Adirondacks' 46 High Peaks. "Best lunch of our vacation. FANTASTIC sandwiches."
- 4.5 Stars – Larkin's Deli & Bakery in Tupper Lake. Casual, open 7 days a week with bakery and variety of unique deli items. "OMG! This place is the miracle of ADK."
Vegetarian and Vegan Options
- 4.5 Stars – The Good Bite Kitchen in Lake Placid. Vegetarian breakfast and brunch options located right on Main Street. "Eat at The Good Bite Kitchen – you will love it!"
- 5 Stars – Green Goddess' Scape Café in Lake Placid. Great vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options in the Adirondacks. Located inside a natural foods store. "Absolutely brilliant."
- 4.5 Stars – The Inn on Gore Mountain Restaurant in North Creek. Casual restaurant with vegan options guests rave about! A great stop après-ski or post-hike. "My wife is vegan and there were so many options we were astounded."
- 4.5 Stars – Nori's Village Market Inc. in Saranac Lake. Natural foods store with freshly made-to-go deli items including burritos, sandwiches, salads and soups. "Awesome store, and just about everything you would expect from a health food shop."
Roadside Ice Cream
- 5 Stars – Martha's Dandee Crème in Queensbury. A side of the road favorite in Lake George with gluten-free options. "Long history and amazing ice cream this is an experience you should not miss. There is nothing like it!"
- 4.5 Stars – Donnelly's Ice Cream in Lake Clear. This local favorite is known for serving up one soft serve flavor that changes daily. Enjoy the views of Whiteface! "When in the area, we try to stop by nearly every day."
- 4 Stars – The Pine Cone in Ray Brook. A new place to go four fix of ice cream, located conveniently between Saranac Lake and Lake Placid. "Stop! Oh my, what a place to get ice cream. Big cones of soft ice cream was delicious."
- 4.5 Stars – Skyline in Tupper Lake. Eat your favorite flavor in Skyline's oversized red Adirondack chair. Rarely found soft serve flavors. "When we saw the sign for black raspberry soft serve we had to stop. The owner is always smiling."
- 4 Stars – Good Ol' Wishy's in Croghan. Climb up on a stool in this old fashioned soda fountain parlor that serves Mercer's ice cream. "The staff was VERY WELCOMING!!! The sizes of their serving is HUGE!"
Adirondack Foodie Packages
From a bottle of New York wine waiting for you at check-in, to chocolates made just down the street – Adirondack lodging properties welcome guests with something to satisfy the traveling culinary soul. Enjoy a wonderful meal out, or stay at one of the Adirondacks' hotels featuring on-site dining options for a relaxing, well-earned night "in."
Welcome to the Adirondacks – eat, drink and enjoy the culinary adventure!
- 1 of 55
- next ›