311 Athol Road Thurman, NY 12810
The most sticky-sweet event in the Lake George Area is back!
Are you in search of the next family-friendly Lake George end-of-winter event to attend? Look no further – for three weekends in a row, the five largest maple syrup producers in the Lake George Area and several neighboring farms open their doors to the public for Thurman Maple Days, the sweetest event spring has to offer. Celebrate the season with free tours, tastings, demonstrations, and a vast array of foods and souvenirs available to take home.
During this three-weekend maple celebration, you'll be able to taste the finest maple syrup, watch maple tree sawmill operations, taste goat cheese and sheep cheese, and even hang out with llamas. As a self-guided tour, you'll be in the driver's seat and have the ability to visit all the farms or spend your time at the ones you enjoy most.
Follow the arrow signs at nearly every corner in town or print a map of our maple farms.
The Town of Thurman is 20 minutes away from Lake George via the Adirondack Northway (I-87). Take exit 23 to New York State Route 9 to Route 418 and follow the posted signs to see all the sites celebrating spring and maple season in the Southern Adirondack Mountains of New York!
Saturday and Sunday only from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM.
- Valley Road Maple Farm, 190 Valley Road - start here for breakfast
- Hidden Hollow Maple Farm, 312 Dippikill Road
- Toad Hill Maple Farm, 137 Charles Olds Road
- Adirondack Gold Maple Farm, 74 Bear Pond Road
- Mud Street Maple, 269 Mud Street, Athol
- Martin's Tree Farm, Sawmill and Artisan Market - A certified tree farm showcasing silviculture - the monitoring and science of woodlands and forests. Also offering jewelry, pottery, rustic wooden signs, and more.
- Nettle Meadow Farm and Artisan Cheese and Sanctuary - Farm tours and sheep/goat cheese tasting.
- Peru Llama Farm - Hang out with the llamas, and if you're lucky, snag a kiss.
- Blackberry Hill Farm and Sanctuary - Certified organic vegetables and poultry. Non-GMO pork.
- Whitefield's Farm - Cage-free all-natural turkeys and chickens.
Start your day with a pancake breakfast in the new dining hall at Valley Road Maple Farm located at 190 Valley Road in Thurman. They will be serving pancakes with pure Thurman maple syrup and maple sausages from Oscar's Adirondack Smokehouse from morning to afternoon. Gluten-free pancakes are on the menu!
- Served each day of Maple Days, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Valley Road Maple Farm - 190 Valley Road
- Pancakes, pure local maple syrup, and maple sausages from Oscar's Smokehouse will be served.
Looking for a place to stay? We have tons of hotels to choose from.
The Town of Thurman and the Thurman Station Association welcome you to Thurman Maple Days - visit us soon!