Camping and motorcycl touring in the Adirondacks.
Eric Adsit and his pal set off to discover the wild side of the Adirondacks on their motorcycles
Leave the world behind and ride in the Adirondacks
Discover scenic country roads that piggyback along mountain ranges, through pristine wilderness areas and travel old logging trails. For a few dollars in gas - the six million acre Adirondack Park is yours to explore. Find quaint towns without stop lights, or villages with more cows than people.
In the Adirondacks, there's never a rush to be somewhere, so you can sight-see and explore at your own pace. Find mile after mile of smooth Adirondack roadways winding through New York Mountains and unique attractions. As each season unfolds in the Adirondacks - new events, activities and attractions are highlighted. Discover summer's lush greenery and family-friendly events, and autumn's colorful foliage and harvest festivals. Enjoy Adirondack events that cater to motorcyclists, or simply set out and enjoy an afternoon ride.
POPULAR MOTORCYCLE ROUTES IN THE ADIRONDACKS
- NYS Route 3 runs east-to-west, connecting western New York with the Adirondack city of Plattsburgh. The Adirondack section of Route 3 is known as the "Olympic Byway," traveling 170 miles from Lake Ontario to Keeseville. Top towns and villages include Harrisville, Natural Bridge, Start Lake, Cranberry Lake, Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake, Lake Placid and Wilmington. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, drive up Whiteface Mountain's Veterans Memorial Highway for a 360 degree vista.
- US Route 9 lies north-to-south, along the Adirondack Coast of Lake Champlain and into Quebec, this scenic Adirondack route is part of an All-American Road and known as the Lakes-to-Locks Passage. Travel 225 miles along the Upper Hudson River, Champlain Canal, and historic sites such as Crown Point, Ticonderoga, Port Henry, Essex and Plattsburgh. Don't miss a stop at the world-famous natural attraction, Ausable Chasm.
- NYS Route 30 travels north-to-south through the heart of the six-million acre Adirondack Park and into Quebec. Top towns include Lake Pleasant, Indian Lake, Long Lake, Tupper Lake and Malone. This route is perfect for enjoying Adirondack fall foliage. Attractions include The Wild Center, Adirondack Museum and the Saranac Inn Golf Course in the Adirondack Lakes Region.
Adirondack Motorcycling Events
- Americade in Lake George. Slated for June 2016, this is the world's largest multi-brand motorcycle touring rally. Guests can enjoy boat cruises, guided mini tours, manufacturer demos, TourExpo trade show, seminars, parades and more.
- 16th Annual Warrensburg Bike Rally in Warrensburg. Scheduled for June 3-12, 2016, this family-friendly event offers great riding, vendors, activities and more.
Fourteen New York State Scenic Byways wind throughout the Adirondack Region, offering a variety of experiences. From the 140-mile Central Adirondack Trail, to the 17-mile Blue Ridge Road - you'll find an unspoiled landscape teaming with life. Glimpse wildlife, trace the distinct silhouette of the Adirondack Mountains and fish for trout in sparkling lakes and rivers.
Save Money at Motorcycle- Friendly Lodging
Lodging properties properties throughout the Adirondacks' six-million-acre park are motorcycle-friendly, offering special deals and discounts for touring bikers. Stay and lay for a night or a week, enjoy an evening meal at one of our top restaurants in the Adirondacks offering live music, good food and the chance to relive the day's adventures.