Deepen your knowledge about the entire region at the Adirondack Museum. From the 19th century till today, explore how people have lived, worked, traveled, and played at one of the largest museums in upstate New York. With interactive, hands-on activities, the Adirondack Museum is one of the best activities for children in the Adirondacks. Adults will relish in the history, learning about the impact the Adirondacks have had on the entire country.
The museum is open from late May to early October. Check the official Adirondack Experience Museum website for dates and rates.
Exhibits at Adirondack Experience – The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake
- Life in the Adirondacks
- The Buck Lake Club: An Adirondack Hunting Camp
- Outdoor Exhibits, Historic Buildings, and Scenic Spots
- Boats & Boating in the Adirondacks
- Woods and Waters: Outdoor Recreation in the Adirondacks
- Living with Wilderness
- The Log Hotel: Hotels, Camps, and Adirondacks Clubs
- Work in the Woods: Logging the Adirondacks
- Bull Cottage: Adirondack Rustic Furniture
- The Great Outdoors