7. Take the kiddos to Maple Ridge Snow Park, the largest snow tubing hill in Northern New York. Challenge your friends to a snowball fight outside of your hotel.
8. Build a snowman at a trailhead to welcome approaching hikers.
9. Visit the Olympic sites in Lake Placid.
10. Rip through the woods on a snowmobile at the world famous Tug Hill Plateau or all around the region.
11. Grab a seat in a dog sled and go for a ride.
12. Zoom down Lake Placid's free toboggan chute onto Mirror Lake.
13. Find a secluded frozen pond and glide around on skates. (Always check the ice first!)
14. Accept that friendly dare and take a polar plunge during the Lake George Winter Carnival.
15. Try ice-fishing on a frozen lake, but make sure to find an outfitter so you will be safe and comfortable.
16. Go snow tubing at Titus Mountain in Malone or Tubby Tubes in Lake Luzerne.
17. Attend the one of the many hockey tournaments in Lake Placid.
18. Try your hand at curling at the Saranac Lake Civic Center.
19. Find a good snowy hill and go sledding for the afternoon.