In the Adirondacks, a good Adirondack hiking map or guidebook is essential for enjoying all that the six-million-acre wilderness has to offer. Find multi-day and day hike trips in guidebooks created by knowledgeable and experienced Adirondack hikers.
Download our free Adirondack Great Walks & Day Hikes Guide and enjoy a variety of hiking experiences. Trek to historic sites, Great Camps and along old logging trails reclaimed by nature; wind along picturesque trails and picnic near waterfalls or summit one of the highest peaks in New York and marvel at the panoramic view. The Adirondack Region also offers multiple universally accessible trails so that everyone can experience the beauty of the six-million-acre park.
Adirondack Mountain Guidebooks
The Adirondack Mountain Club offers several guides with detailed maps and directions to Adirondack hiking trails across the region, providing a comprehensive collection of hiking experiences. Maps and hiking guides are available for purchase at Adirondack bookstores and outfitters throughout the region, as well as online at www.adk.org. Adirondack Mountain Club guides include maps, trail descriptions, hiking tips and directions to trailheads around the park.
Stores throughout the Adirondack Park carrying Adirondack hiking guidebooks and maps include:
- Bookstore Plus – 2491 Main Street, Lake Placid
- The Mountaineer – 1866 NYS Route 73, Keene Valley
- Eastern Mountain Sports – 2453 Main Street, Lake Placid
- Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK) – 814 Goggins Road, Lake George
- Crossroads Outdoors – 40 Dixon Road, Chestertown
- Hoss's Country Corner – 1142 Main Street, Long Lake
- Hudson River Trading Company – 292 Main Street, North Creek
- Blue Line Sports LLC – 81 Main Street, Saranac Lake
- Adirondack Lakes & Trails Outfitters – 541 Lake Flower Avenue, Saranac Lake
- St. Regis Canoe Outfitters – 73 Dorsey Street, Saranac Lake
From Adirondack canoe routes to ski touring trails, adventure awaits on more than 2,000 miles of hiking trails winding from lakeshore to mountain peak. Find your adventure and always be prepared with an Adirondack trail map or guidebook.