Adirondack Brewery of the Lake George Region.
Some many choices of locally brewed craft beer.
A visit wouldn't be complete without tasting our local wines
The Adirondack Region in Northern New York is a recreationist paradise that fosters an abiding love for the mountains and the deep joy of savoring a good drink and a hot meal at the end of a long hike; or after a day of skiing through the Adirondack wilderness. Home to a number of award-winning microbreweries offering family-friendly dining, and a new generation of craft-beer and spirit makers – the Adirondacks offer a diverse array of locally sourced products that reflect the tastes of the region.
From the shores of Lake George, to the Tug Hill Plateau, begin a culinary journey across the Adirondacks – one microbrewery, winery and distillery at a time.
Adirondack Breweries, Wineries, Cideries, and Distilleries by Region
Lake George Region Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries
The Lake George Region in the Southeast Adirondacks is home to three microbreweries and the region's premier wine producer.
- Adirondack Pub & Brewery in Lake George brews more than 25 all-natural, non-pasteurized craft ales brewed and bottled on-site. Brewery tours are available throughout the year on Fridays at 4 pm and Saturdays at 11:30 am, and a special Tuesday tour is offered Memorial Day through Labor Day at 4 pm. Adirondack Pub & Brewery's beer is distributed by six New York State distributors, and can be found in 32 counties throughout the state.
- Cooper's Cave Ale Company in Glens Falls offers traditional English-style ales, porters, and stouts. A family-owned and operated company, sample brews made from some of the finest ingredients available, including specialty malted barley and enjoy a meal, ice-cream, hand-crafted beer or soda.
- Davidson Brothers Brewing Company in Glens Falls opened its doors in 1996, and continues to offer a variety of traditional IPAs, porters and English-style bitter brews. Owned and operated by the brothers, enjoy family-friendly dining and a variety of beers on tap.
- Adirondack Winery in Lake George offers a variety of white, red, dessert and blush wines; each with its own story and unique flavors and sample vintages at the winery's tasting room.
- Spring Brook Hollow in Queensbury is a quaint Farm Distillery located just south of the village of Lake George that specializes in making vodka, gin, and moonshine.
- Lake George Distilling Company in Fort Ann distills small batches of craft spirits using local ingredients from the Adirondack region. Their specialty moonshines, whiskeys, and ryes are well-loved and sought after by resorts, stores, and restaurants from the Adirondacks all the way to New York City.
Lake Placid Region Microbreweries, Wineries and Distilleries
Nestled in the mountainous High Peaks area, the Lake Placid Region boasts three micro-breweries, two wineries and one distillery.
- Big Slide Brewery & Public House opened in June 2016 in Lake Placid and will feature ten house beers along with a fresh, localvore menu boasting the freshest produce and meats from nearby farms in the Adirondacks. Not your typical pub grub, Executive Chef Greg Sherman sources most ingredients locally and will wow your palate.
- Lake Placid Pub & Brewery – From the pub's flagship UBU Ale – a rich, dark ale named after a patron's friendly chocolate Labrador – to seasonal favorites such as Imperial Pumpkin, the pub's beers capture the aromas and flavors of the Adirondacks. The brewery's two locations pump out approximately 300,000 pints of beer every year, placing it in the top 7% of breweries in the United States. Brewery tours are offered at the Lake Placid location on Saturdays at 4:30 pm.
- Great Adirondack Brewing Company in Lake Placid is a family-owned and operated pub and brewery producing award-winning beers. Their Main Street operation produces 350 barrels of handcrafted beer each year. Sample award-winning brews on tap at the restaurant, including world Beer Cup Silver Medal winner, the Adirondack Abbey Ale.
- Goose Watch Winery on Main Street offers tastings of sparkling wines, port, sherry, as well as red and white wines from the Finger Lakes.
- Swedish Hill Winery on Cascade Road outside of the Olympic village boasts a tasting room and store, where visitors can sample an array of award-winning wines from the Finger Lakes.
- Lake Placid Spirits' rare flavors are locally produced in Lake Placid. Available in stores and restaurants throughout New York State, don't miss these unique, top-shelf liquors such as P3 Placid Vodka, 46 Peaks Vodka, Alpenglow and Blue Line Gin, their most recent product release.
- Gristmill Distillers in Keene uses locally sourced ingredients, including barrels made by one of the only coopers in the North East, who also happens to be located within the blue line in the village of Wilmington. Gristmill Distillers creates a variety of whiskey spirits that are smooth to the taste and pay homage to the history of the Adirondacks.
Adirondack Coast Microbreweries and Wineries
Touted as North America's newest up and coming wine region, the Adirondack Coast boasts seven wineries and cideries along the scenic New York coast of Lake Champlain.
- Livingood's Brewery and Restaurant is committed to fostering relationships with local producers to develop craft brews highlighting the area's agriculture offerings.
- Oval Craft Brewing is a small microbrewery producing finely crafted beer. Oval Craft Brewery features a tasting room at the where patrons can enjoy a pint, flight or take a growler home!
- Plattsburgh Brewing Co. is home of the War of 1812 Beer, Plucky Rooster Ale. The beer was crafted using ingredients true to the 1800s and named after a 200 year old rooster to commemorate the War of 1812 Bicentennial. Plattsburgh Brewing Company offers an incredibly diverse line of handcrafted beers.
- Valcour Brewing Company is a craft beer brewery located in the Old Stone Barracks in Plattsburgh, NY. The "Old Stone Barracks" is the last remaining structure of a proposed quadrangle of early U.S. Army barracks built in Plattsburgh, NY in 1838.
- Amazing Grace Vineyard and Winery is a family owned winery selling and tasting cold hardy northern varietal wines and fruit wines, including 3 award winning blends recognized internationally. Their mission is simple: make great tasting wines and sell them at an affordable price, treat all customers as family.
- Elfs Farm Winery & Ciderhouse offers tastings, vineyard tours or for one of their many vineyard events and discover why their wines have been receiving industry recognition.
- Everett Orchards Farm Market & Cidery is a seasonal farm market and cidery selling apples grown in Peru, N.Y. They also produce hard cider and are part of the Adirondack Coast Wine Trail.
- Hid-In-Pine Vineyard offers samples of their estate wines, sweet reds and crisp whites. Tour their 3 acre vineyard featuring 14 variety of semi-cold hardy grape. This unique hybrid of grapes shrugs off cold temperatures and produce high sugar, low acidity wines.
- The Champlain Wine Company offers views of the Saranac River and Lake Champlain as you sample local wines in historic downtown Plattsburgh, New York. The Champlain Wine Company's wines are produced with care from their vineyard and winery in Mooers, New York.
- Vesco Ridge Vineyard offers handmade wines with immense flavors and aromas. There wines are a tribute to the small Adirondack Coast vineyards and winner of numerous industry awards. Stop by their tasting room tasting room, gift shop, or tour our vineyard.
- Ledge Hill Brewing Co., located in beautiful Westport. Handcrafted ales and lagers mindfully brewed for folks who celebrate our community's rich heritage and share an optimistic vision of the future.
- Ausable Brewing Company in Keeseville is focused on brewing a variety of craft beers and sodas in small batches with an emphasis on local ingredients and local.
- Highlands Vineyard in Keeseville is a family-owned and operated winery in the Adirondacks with breathtaking views of Lake Champlain.
- Boquet Valley Vineyard is both a vinyard and Farm Winery in Essex which has a simple mission: Make world-class wine using cold-climate grape varieties in the Champlain Valley of NY
Saranac Lake Region Breweries
- Blue Line Brewery in Saranac Lake opened in 2012 on Lake Flower Avenue in a renovated car wash. Offering six microbrews – from pale and red ales, to a black lager – Blue Line boasts a solid selection of small batch beers. Tour the boutique operation and sample straight from the source seven days a week and take home a growler of your favorite. Blue Line's beers are also available on tap at restaurants across the Adirondacks.
- Raybrook Brew House located in Ray Brook, offers wild and unique beers brewed on-site paired with their newly crafted adventurous menu.
- Hex and Hop Brewing is located just a few minutes outside of Saranac Lake in the town of Bloomingdale. Hex and Hops was born out of a vision dreamed up by an engineer and apiarist looking to design newly unique dining and drinking experience.
More Adirondack Breweries and Wineries
- Tug Hill Vineyards in Lowville features red and white wines made from French-American grapevines developed for colder climates by the University of Minnesota. Shop, dine and enjoy "pick-your own berries" in season at this picturesque vineyard.
- High Peaks Winery in Potsdam produces small batch reds and whites, which are available for tasting and purchase at the winery and stores throughout New York State
- Barkeater Craft Brewery is a NYS Farm Brewery located in Lowville, NY. Relax in the newly opened taproom and enjoy their selection of hand-crafted, small batch ales brewed on location using all natural, locally grown ingredients. The BarkEater name embodies the spirit of this dynamic region and the beautiful river valleys created by the wild Adirondack Mountains and the Tug Hill Plateau.
- Paradox Brewery in Schroon Lake is a small microbrewery offering small-batch brews of IPAs, ales, Kolsch and Altbier, a German top-fermenting brew made in the old-world tradition. New to the Adirondack micro scene, guests are welcome throughout the week for a drink and tour.
- Raquette River Brewing is a boutique brewery boasting eight craft beers on tap. Sample their Strawberry Cilantro Wheat, IPA, Smoked Red Ale, or Maple Porter. The head brewer shares "brewing on a small scale affords us the opportunity to experiment and innovate with a variety of ingredients, some local, some exotic."
- Strong Rope Taproom in Blue Mtn Lake introduced a second location as a satellite taproom at Blue Mountain Lake. The brewery originates in Gowanus, Brooklyn and is proud to be a family-run, New York State Farm Brewery. Strong Rope Taproom offers 3 signature beers on tap, local spirits, wine, and cider as well as cans and bottles to go.
- Township 7 Brewing Company - Located in the Northern Foothills of the Adirondack Mountains in Dickinson Center, New York. They brew premium, unfiltered, unpasteurized craft beers (seasonal varieties too). The beer is available in the tasting room in pints, flights, and growlers (to go).
Beverage Trails in the Adirondacks
Adirondack Coast Wine Trail
Take an Adirondack Coast wine tour and enjoy a bike ride or a scenic drive to each winery to cider mill, sample specialty drinks at tasting rooms and discover the unique history of cider and wine making in the Adirondacks.
Inspired by the unique history of beer brewing in New York State, hardy grape varietals and an abundance of apple orchards, craft brewing, wine and cider makers in the Adirondacks continue to expand, garnering national attention in the process. From culinary arts festivals that incorporate locally produced beverages, to special packages that include a bottle of local wine with your stay in the Adirondack region, there are many ways to sample the area's growing selection of locally sourced beverages.
Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail
Woven together by 28 breweries, wineries, cideries, and distilleries, the self-guided Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail is an excellent way to sample the craft of local beverage artisans. 12 visits verified by stamps on your map will result in a prize. Are you up for the challenge?
Breweries & Cideries Listings
- 1 of 2
- next ›