When you think of the Adirondacks and 46, you likely picture the High Peak Mountains challenge, right? Well, we have a different Adirondack Spring challenge for you to take: 46 Things to Do Other Than Hike the High Peaks in Spring!
Avoid hiking during mud season and take this unique challenge of other Adirondack experiences with friends and family this Spring!
1. Learn about Adirondack history & geology at the Adirondack Experience Museum (9097 NY-30, Blue Mountain Lake, NY 12812).
2. Tap into your sweet tooth at the American Maple Museum. (Croghan, NY).
3. Revisit history through bronze sculpture at the Frederic Remington Art Museum (303 Washington St, Ogdensburg, NY 13669).
4. Entertain your (inner) child at the Champlain Valley Transportation Museum and Kid's Station (12 Museum Way, Plattsburgh, NY 12903).
5. Visit the home of Alice T. Miner Museum (9618 U.S. 9, Chazy, NY 12921).
6. Enjoy gorgeous views of the Adirondacks as you coast down the Adirondack Coast Wine Trail.
7. Transport back to 1894 at the Saranac Laboratory Museum (89 Church St # 2, Saranac Lake, NY 12983).
8. Enjoy a cider tasting in the authentically rustic tasting room at Elfs Farm Winery and Cider House (7411 U.S. 9 #1, Plattsburgh, NY 12901).
9. Try fine dining at The Owl at Twilight (Open April- Nov. 1322 Co Rd 29, Olmstedville, NY 12857).
10. Drive to the top of Whiteface on the Veterans' Memorial Highway for epic views (Wilmington, NY).
11. #Drinklocal on the Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail.
12. Take the whole family to visit The Schoolhouse Museum (Main St. Lake Luzerne, NY, 12846).
13. #Treatyourself with a massage at Adirondack Relaxation Therapeutic Massage (158 Newman Rd., Lake Placid, NY 12946).
14. Catch a performance or shop the gallery at Lake Placid Center for the Arts (17 Algonquin Dr, Lake Placid, NY 12946).
15. Take a tour with someone who witnessed the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics at the Olympic Museum (2634 Main St. Lake Placid, NY 12946).
16. See how a local art cooperative operates with authentic Adirondack art at the Adirondack Artists Guild (52 Main St, Saranac Lake, NY 12983).
17. Visit WWI heroes with a Graveyard Walk at Warrensburg Historical Society (3754 Main Street, Warrensburg, NY 12885).
18. Stock up on clothes from your favorite stores at the ADK Outlet Mall (1444 State Rt. 9, Lake George, New York).
19. Splash around for the day at Six Flags Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark (89 Six Flags Drive, Queensbury, NY 12804).
20. See where Miracle on Ice happened at the Lake Placid Olympic Center (2634 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946).
21. Take a whitewater rafting ride with Adirondack River Outfitters (4511 NY-28, North River, NY 12856).
22. See a show at the Pendragon Theatre (15 Brandy Brook, Saranac Lake, NY 12983).
23. Take the family on a team building Adirondack tree-top adventure at the Adirondack Adventure Center (877 Lake Avenue Lake Luzerne, NY 12846).
24. Horseback ride with Adirondack Saddle Tours, no experience required. (4 Uncas Rd, Inlet, NY 13360).
25. Bring a bottle of wine and take flight with Adirondack Balloon Flights (Queensbury, NY 12804).
26. Hop on the indoor Adirondack Carousel for all ages (2 Depot St. Saranac Lake, NY 12983).
27. Take a narrated boat tour or visit the Fort at Fort Ticonderoga (102 Fort Ti Rd, Ticonderoga, NY 12883).
28. Dine waterside at Raquette Lake Navigation Company (224 Main St. Raquette Lake, NY 13436).
29. Pick and bring home your own fresh produce for dinner from It's About Thyme Farm (32 Smith Rd. Olmstedville, NY 12857).
30. Get out on the water for spring trout fishing on the Adirondack Coast on 13th Lake (Johnsburg, NY).
31. Visit Country Dreams Farm's petting zoo and take a family farm tour (260 Pellerin Rd, Plattsburgh, NY 12901).
32. Drop the kids off for some Mini golf while you hit a few balls at the driving range at Five Nations Golf (671 NY-9N, Ticonderoga, NY 12883).
33. Test your strength on the Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course (35 Westwood Forest Lane, Bolton Landing, NY 12814).
34. Set up camp and unwind at Draper's Acres Campground (4582 Cascade Rd, Lake Placid, NY 12946).
35. Rent one of the new Track-Yack boats from River Ridin' at Lake Luzerne. (1 Bay Rd, Lake Luzerne, NY 12846).
36. Have brunch on a river cruise with Raquette Lake Navigation Company. (224 Main St, Raquette Lake, NY 13436).
37. Eat, drink, shop, and hike at High Falls Gorge (4761 NY-86, Wilmington, NY 12997).
38. Charter a boat for a fishing tour on Lake George with Highliner Charter Fishing (3678 Lake Shore Dr, Lake George, NY 12845).
39. See the Adirondacks from new heights while ziplining in Lake George at ADK Eagle Flyer Zip Line (5 Mill Rd, Lake George, NY 12845).
40. Cycle your way through the Adirondacks with Lake George Bike Rentals (211 Canada St, Lake George, NY 12845).
41. Enjoy walking paths and a butterfly house at Paul Smith's College Visitor Interpretative Center (8023 NY-30, Paul Smiths, NY 12970).
42. Rent a sailboat for the day at Blue Mountain Lake Boat Livery Inc. (3429 NY-28, Blue Mountain Lake, NY 12812).
43. Ride your way to a scenic camping spot on one of the Adirondack's Motorcycle Scenic Routes.
44. Take a true getaway island camping on the Saranac Lake Islands.
45. Cool off roadside with some ice cream at Donnelly's Soft Ice Cream (1564 NY-86, Saranac Lake, NY 12983).
46. Get cozy and enjoy your morning cup at Sunset Beach Cottages (1564 NY-86, Saranac Lake, NY 12983).